Now that the Data Protection Act 2018 is in force we have updated our subscription model. You can sign up to follow this blog by entering your email on the left. You can also withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email you receive from us.


Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Joint Service Housing Advice Office

The MoD provides housing information to members of the Armed Forces via the Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO). The JSHAO is the MOD’s tri- service focal point to provide Service personnel and their dependants with civilian housing information for those wishing to move to civilian accommodation at any time in their career, and for those during resettlement to assist with the transition to civilian life.


The JSHAO delivers “Housing: The Options” briefs across the UK and overseas, which are design for Service personnel and their dependants looking to settle in the
UK. Details of the annual programme, including dates and locations, can be found on the GOV.UK’s JSHAO website. The briefs include property purchase, private rental, financial advice on mortgages and social housing.

The MOD Referral Scheme is managed by the JSHAO to support those who cannot afford to get on the property ladder and are envisaging having to rent via their local authority. Through this scheme, some housing associations support those who would otherwise have problems being prioritised high enough to have a realistic chance of being housed by local authorities. For more information and an application form, go to GOV.UK
The JSHAO produces a quarterly magazine called Housing Matters. The intention is to convey as much relevant information to the reader in as timely a fashion as possible. The magazine focuses on different regions within the UK, particularly in relation to Local Authority information, and contains information and articles designed to help you when you are considering your civilian housing options. The current and previous editions are available on GOV.UK.

For more information about this service, please contact the JSHAO:

Joint Service Housing Advice Office Floor 2 Zone 2

Montgomery House
Queens Avenue

Aldershot GU11 2JN
Advice Line: 01252 787574 Mil: 94222 7574 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.